Heather Robbins's Reviews > Shift

Shift by M.R. Merrick

Jan 12, 2012

bookshelves: need-review, arc, e-book
Read in January, 2012

Ok so after my squeee fest... I dug in! The world Matt has created is still just as amazing. Everything flowed together as well as in Exiled. Chase has been left devastated and he must try and move forward and understand his power. This was an amazing continuation. Loads of action, mysteries, and some discoveries!

Chase is a mess. He's lost his mother, has powers that keep growing and he has no way to know what to do with them or who he can turn to. His relationships are pushed and tested and you can see him grow in this book.

Rayna... Oh I love this chick! She is all badass!! She is on the brink of shifting but into what? While she is a strong female character you get a look into the doubts and fears she does have. Her relationship with Chase is changing.. and it's a good change :)

Marcus is a strong presence in Chase and Rayna's life. He wants to protect them and help them in anyway he can. We also learn a little more of his past!

Willy!!! Oh he is going through major changes in this book. He is awesome from his chameleon skin to his shyness. He goes through Major "shifts" this go round. He grows as a character and I was so excited to see it!

Ok so I love love love this and recommend it to EVERYONE!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.