Scooper Speaks's Reviews > Stalking the Others

Stalking the Others by Jess Haines

Jul 01, 12

Read in April, 2012

Favorite Lines: “I’d never be able to match the intensity of his lovemaking with another. No one else had ever known me–even bothered to make the effort to know me–as well as he had. Forevermore, I was ruined for anyone else.” (p. 325, ARC)

Yes, I’m a sneaky sucka’. I bet you want to know more about that quote, so go get the book and find out for yourself. In the meanwhile, I got to tell ya I couldn’t put this book down.

Stalking the Others is book four in Jess Haines H&W Investigation novels. I’ve read and enjoyed each book in the series as it followed Shiarra through her various interactions with the others in her world. If you haven’t read the first three books do yourself a favor and pick them up. You’ll need Hunted by the Others, Taken by the Others and Deceived by the Others.

Okay, now that you’re all caught up it’s time to let you know what you’re getting: an angry Shia looking to kick some serious booty before she finds out if she’s going to turn furry. She is a force to reckon with, but will need to swallow her pride and get a little bit of assistance if she wants to settle the score prior to the new moon. You’ll see the White Hats, her former lover Chaz, the vampire Royce and many other secondary characters.

Stalking the Others is a running countdown that takes us from day 24 to and beyond the very moments when Shia’s life alter. I felt myself flicker from a variety of emotions with the heroine as she discovered truths and betrayals. She also picks someone and the path leading up to that selection is intense. Even now, after knowing how the situation ends, I’m feeling greedy for more. I want to know how Shia settles in her new life. I want to see the other characters as they either accept or retreat from her.

If you haven’t read this series, it’s one that gets better with each book. Romance lovers will appreciate the clear choice made in it as well. I will be buying books five and six–both of which are still unnamed according to Haines’ website–when they are released.

Have you been reading H&W Investigations? What do you think about it?
Scooper Speaks

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalking the Others.