Nadia's Reviews > Bindis And Brides

Jul 02, 2008

did not like it
bookshelves: chick-lit, my-reads-for-2008
Read in June, 2008

With her successful Indian bridal wear shop, Bindis & Brides, she's proving herself an astute businesswoman. Someone who can stand on her own feet, and survive without a man. So when she meets Joel Winters in her local supermarket, Zarleena remains immune to the handsome playboy's charms. She doesn't need another man to wreck her life. And with his penchant for blue-eyed blondes, Joel seems blind to the sex appeal of dark-eyed Zarleena. But an unlikely friendship forms - and Zarleena certainly needs a friend when her predatory ex-husband turns up, intent on causing trouble. Together, Zarleena and Joel plan a spectacular revenge on the man who wants to bring her down. Will they succeed? Will the bullying Armin get his comeuppance? And will romance ever blossom between this mismatched pair of schemers?

"Amongst those nisha minhas books that I have read, I'd say this was not quite as hilarious as the rest. The storyline was cheesy, and I especially did not appreciate her dry racist indian humour.I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you really have no other books to read, and you're trapped on an island with just this one book."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bindis And Brides.