Snogged's Reviews > Rise Again

Rise Again by Ben Tripp

F_50x66
Jan 18, 12

Read from January 14 to 18, 2012

I'm going to start by saying that I wish this book wasn't the kind that put the start of a new chapter in the middle of the page or three-quarters through a page instead of starting on a new page. For reasons I can't really explain, that trend just irks me and I'm really not sure it saves that much paper either.

I really enjoyed the character of Danny Adelman though. She was pretty hard-core and I liked her sense of ethics. I didn't like that she so frequently drinks and drives, but whatever, I can't change that. I also had a soft spot for Amy, the veterinarian who frequently ends up in the role of doctor throughout the book.

I absolutely loathed the mercenaries/militia group and I frequently found them scarier and more awful than the zombies.

I did feel a bit like the story wandered off from the plot and that some minor story lines were given focus they didn't really need. At one point, I was positive that a character was left behind, but then he showed up again. I was able to just shrug that off as me just missing a sentence or detail, but still...I didn't think I scanned the pages that much.

I didn't expect the gut-punch ending though. That was quite the brilliant move on Tripp's part.

So I guess my final word on this is if you like zombie books, feel free to give it a shot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise Again.

01/16/2012 page 101