Lady Lioness's Reviews > Promises in Death

Promises in Death by J.D. Robb

Jul 15, 2013

bookshelves: genre-romantic-suspense, read-january-2012, genre-mystery, keepers, read-july-2013
Read from July 14 to 15, 2013 , read count: 2+

And so the re-read continues. I leave for RWA '13 tomorrow so I don't know how much farther I'll get before something else distracts me. Kindred in Death is up next and I imagine I'll also blow through "Missing in Death" & make time for Fantasy in Death as it's one of my favorites.

Anyways, this was a clever way of introducing death into Eve's world without actually killing one of the supporting characters we all know and love. In a way, this is really a supporting characters book because, in addition to Morris's loss, Louise's bachelorette party takes place, with all of the regular female supporting characters making an appearance.

I think you could probably read Promises in Death without having read the previous books. It does refer back to Judgement in Death and you won't appreciate the relationships between the characters as much, but the mystery itself doesn't require previous knowledge of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promises in Death.