Méadhbh's Reviews > Rebel Heart

Rebel Heart by Moira Young

Jan 21, 12

bookshelves: to-read

INITIAL IMPRESSION

Okay. First of all, why is there a stick ccoming out of that guy's ass? Second, the title is really cheesy. Rebel Heart. Not interesting and lyrical like Blood Red Road was. The entire cover doesn't match the original cover of Blood Red Road. It might match another edition, but still. That's kinda stupid. Despite my complaining, I'm actually really looking forward to this book. I loved Saba in book 1, and really loved her attituide. I also loved the writing style. It was fun and unique, and really made it stand out from the hoardes of YA Dystopia books already out there. And, I loved Maev. But only because I'm prejudiced. (she was an awesome character... you know what I mean) She has an awesome name! Not that I say that because me name's Maeve, but... umm... look! A flying distraction!!!

HOPES FOR BOOK 2

-I want Saba to get in a close relationship with Emmi.
-I want drama, and lots of it. Action, too.
-I want to see Maev's gang of girls again.
-I want Jack or whatever his name is to go die in a hole.
-I want Lugh to die. (before you axe murder me through the computer, hear me out. I think Lugh kinda weighs Saba down. He was a nice excuse for the plot of the first book, but he'd only slow Saba down. Also, I want Emmi to be closer with Saba, and that can't happen when Lugh's around because he's so *pukes face off* likeable. He's too nice. Plus, I can't really imagine him surviving in what I've come to think of as his sister's world. His death would be a fansastic reason for revenge in this book, wouldn't it?)
20 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebel Heart.

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Wow.

message 2: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie That..... Was...... Pure...... Genius. I loved every bit of it. Wehter

message 3: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Wether ( oops) or not if I like Jack. But that was freaking amazing

Méadhbh Lol! Thanks!!

Christina I think I agree!! I dont think were done with DeMalo either... new love interest?

Méadhbh DeMalo?

Kassandra I like the way you think, truthfully never really liked lugh, gah too likeable, and you are so right; it would be perfect for a revenge twist :D

Christina DeMalo, the head Tonton or whatever. The right hand guy that helped her then ran off. I definitely see chemistry there. I hope she runs into him in Jacks absence.

message 9: by Daisy (new)

Daisy NOOOOO OMG GUYS GUESS WHAT I FOUND! THE OTHER DESCRIPTION OF THIS BOOK! LOOK:Saba has rescued her kidnapped brother and defeated the fanatical Tonton. But the price to be paid for her violent victory is terrible. Jack has disappeared--and can no longer be trusted. A new and formidable enemy is on the rise in the dustlands. No one is safe. And Saba must confront the terrible secret hidden in the darkest depths of her soul.
WAAAAAAAAAAT??? JACK!! POOR BABY! I KNOW HE CAN BE TRUSTED, EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!!

message 10: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Actually i think that "Rebel Heart" Is really meaning something else. I think that it might me talking about the heartstone, that still desires jack even if she is trying to tell herself she doesn't

Kassandra That was deep... ha, never thought about it that way. But honestly the wait is killing me !! Jack's gonna make mistakes and relationship's are gonna be tested but THEY GOT TO END UP TOGETHER!

message 12: by Daisy (new)

Daisy I know right! I'm dying!

message 13: by Becky (new)

Becky i agree with everything u said in this review! ur right about everything and make SENSE! thank u!!!

Méadhbh XD people think I make sense!! well, theres a first time for everything!!! LOL!!!!

message 15: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn 1/2 way done. Some of your hopes are coming true. Others are not. Won't say which. But I love your comments.

Méadhbh XD can't wait!!!!!

message 17: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin Sehorn the title is totally cheesy! and i found the revamp of the cover interesting as well. I bought Blood Red Road for my library with the old cover (which i liked). Image my surprise when i saw the new, sexed up cover...I still like the book though.