JenniferJ's Reviews > The Kitchen Daughter

The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry

Jan 12, 12

bookshelves: z2012
Read in January, 2012

This was a fascinating story of a young lady who has Asperger's Syndrome and has tragically lost her parents and now trying to live on her own. She never really knew anything was wrong with her because she led a sheltered life which has not prepared her for living in the "real" world so to speak. Even so I still got angry with her sister quite a bit. She just assumes Ginny should now come to stay in her home and they will automatically sell the family home and get rid of the things inside and never stops to think how this will affect Ginny and what she may want.

I don't have Asperger's but I could still relate to alot of what Ginny felt and like her, I can even see myself hiding in a closet and trying to shut out the world sometimes when it gets to hard to deal with. Maybe it's because of this association that I enjoyed this book so much and the incredible recipes were just an added bonus! But either way I highly would recommend it to anybody for a quick wonderful inspirational read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kitchen Daughter.