Grace's Reviews > Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

Mar 22, 12

bookshelves: 2012-all, 2012-new, classics, general-fiction, library-brooklyn
Read from March 19 to 22, 2012

Okay, so here we have a case of basically every character being terrible and deserving the miserable lives they are leading. And yet, I liked it. Not one I'm going to come back to and reread, but I'm glad that I read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wuthering Heights.

03/22/2012 page 186

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Grace I have decided of all the classics on my to-read list, this one is the shortest and thus it will be my March classic if I ever get back to Pickwick. If only I could find the right edition of this one. Grumble.

Andree Right edition on Goodreads, or in reality?

Grace On GoodReads. I was having trouble with the ISBN search and I did not feel like searching through the hundreds of different versions of this on GoodReads. I JUST FOUND IT THOUGH. Hah. Although good grief the purple is not practically neon on the actual cover.

Andree I am glad you liked it. I really enjoyed it, though have given up trying to figure out why.

Grace Sometimes these things defy explanation. I have decided it's a lot easy to figure out why you didn't like something than to figure out the specifics of why you do, anyway.

Andree True. And when I read it, I don't know, maybe it was because I was younger (maybe 18-19), but I somehow just got sucked in and fell in love with the writing, I guess. I couldn't put the book down. I read it in a day and a half. Even while reading it in my head I was going, "I hate every single character in this book. But it is so AWESOME."