Heather's Reviews > The Fallen

The Fallen by Celia Thomson

Jan 30, 12

Read from January 12 to 13, 2012

After finishing the ten episodes ABC Family has of this series Nine Lives of Chloe King, I decided that I would try out the books. I enjoyed the books, but for the first time I am pretty sure ever, I thought "wow, this isn't as good as the show". I don't know why but I enjoy the show more, but I enjoyed the book enough to finish it, rate it 4/5 stars, and buy the second copy.

I like the show more because the main female character, Chloe, she is more naive and innocent having her first kiss with Xavier but when she has it with Xavier in the book, she is more promiscuous and I liked it better when she was portrayed less experienced.

Another thing I like about the show more, is the relationship between Chloe and her Mom. I love the relationship in the show because of their jokes and how close they are portrayed. The mom seems more harsh and rude in the book, and it makes it harder for me to like her character.

There was a weird typo in the book (which I find common in Kindle editions of books) where Chloe "pores herself a box of cereal" which made me laugh.

I don't want people reading this review thinking it was a bad book. The story and plot were really interesting and its a fast enough read that I finished it in about 2 1/2 hours. I liked it, and I am really excited to start the next one. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fallen.