Rhonda's Reviews > Mesmerize

Jan 12, 12

Read in December, 2011

Review: Mesmerize by Artist Arthur
4 STARS
It's hard to rate this book, because this is the first book of the series that I have read so it was a little confusing to me at times. I believe this is the 4th of the mystyx series.
The Mystyx were created by Styx and given powers before they were born. Their are four of them we know about.
Lindsey Yi is Korean American. Who was in a train wreck a year ago that killed her parents. She lives now with her guardian in what people believe is a haunted house. She can read minds of those around her except when she or they are wearing black. This story is about her and being tested as well.
Krystal is a medium. Jake has the only active power he moves things with his mind. Sasha can travel outside her body. They are only juniors in high school.
They are supposed to stop Charon from comming to this realm and keep him in hades. They all need to controll their powers and work together somehow.
It was interesting and if I had read other books probably would care more for the characters.
Their are a lot of Deaths around the four teenagers. Lots of new kids in the school.
Would recommend that you read the first 3 books first to enjoy the story better.
I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review from Netgalley.
01/31/2012 PUB Harlequin KimaniTRU

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mesmerize.

Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~ Same here! I bought this one, because I THOUGHT it was the first one, and it wasn't until I finished and saw an ad for the first book at the end that I realized what I'd done... :)