Ina's Reviews > Deeper

Deeper by Megan Hart

Jan 20, 12

Read from January 16 to 20, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This book was really the way I remember Harlequin books from when I read them as a curious teenager. A lot of sex, maybe even too much. I kinda like when there is a lot of tension and they finally get to do it. These two were at it ALL THE TIME! ;) Overall, I thought the book was good, not great but good, though there are more things than the extreme amount of sex that "disturbed" me. I thought Bess was a litte too indecisive. I can't understand at all why she ended up having kids with Andy. He was an asshole throughout the book. Did she just go to him when Nick didn't show up? I don't understand. It felt a lot like she just floated around and went the way the wind blew. Also, I didn't like the ending. It felt a little fast and a bit rash. I wasn't satisfied with it at all.

On the positive side; I love the way Megan Hart builds up the characters. They are often multi-layered and that's the case in this book too, Nick's character anyway. I was also very fond of the way Hart switched from "then" (twenty years earlier) to "now". It kept the story interesting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeper.