Kai's Reviews > Death Comes to Pemberley

U_50x66
Jan 29, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from January 21 to 28, 2012

Death Comes to Pemberley story get place six years later after Pride and Prejudice. The story focused on Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth. It also brought back Mr. Bingley, Jane, and the rest of the characters that are in Pride and Prejudice.

Lydia and Mr. Wickham are always up to no good. Even though I have read Pride and Prejudice several years ago, the ending of the book did acknowledge that Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth will distant their relationship with Lydia and Mr. Wickham which the author has kept accurately. Of course, Lydia wouldn't be Lydia if she didn't tried to crash the Lady Anne party which the Darcys held annually. From there, this is where the story has of death and mystery begin.

Captain Dennis is found murdered and the main suspect is Mr. Wickham. What would have motivated Mr. Wickham to killing Captain Dennis who was his best and only friend. Mr. Wickham wasn't received socially into the tons after a certain incident and it didn't help with the estranged relationship with Mr. Darcy.

The characters remained as they were in Pride and Prejudice which is a very big plus in my book. However, the part that didn't make sense was why would Mr. Wickham argued with Captain Dennis in front of Lydia during their trip to Pemberley? Lydia is spoiled and I don't think she would allowed Mr. Wickham to get away with "it". Sorry, I'm not going to reveal the "it". Otherwise, this book is worth reading to read out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Comes to Pemberley.