Dawn's Reviews > An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems

An Inconvenient Book by Glenn Beck

Jul 01, 08

I picked this up at the recommendation of a friend because she said it was funny. I thought my husband might like it, too. I'm kind of tired and cynical re: politics right now however, so I didn't enjoy it so much. Beck is funny, but his humor all sounds the same after a while. He is also too extreme on some subjects for me. I really feel for "illegal immigrants" and I don't believe in a Mexican border conspiracy. And Al Gore may be a big, corrupt hypocrite (like many other politicians), but global warming is occuring. Most responsible scientists agree on the evidence. My husband is a scientist and I trust him. Global warming doesn't have to be false just because the opposite political party cares about it. Too many issues are becoming so politicized that the government seems unable to unite to do anything about them--very sad. I'm glad it was a book I could skim--read some parts and skip others. I liked best the chapters where Beck shares personal insights and experiences on such topics as marriage, raising children, and religion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Inconvenient Book.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kathy You are so right-on about this book. My tennis partner gave it to me for Christmas because I said I had planned to buy it for her, but when I went to the store they were out of it. Well, it was actually January when I got it and I only read a few pages at breakfast. So it will be awhile before I add it to my finished list.