Amanda Newhouses's Reviews > The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

The Legend of Zelda by Akira Himekawa

Jan 13, 12

bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels, fantasy, japanese, manga, video-games, read-in-2012
Read from January 12 to 13, 2012

This is the first of the Legend of Zelda mangas that I've read (which means I'm reading them out of order, but it was the first one I grabbed out of the boxed set that my brother bought me for Christmas), and while it seems that they're meant for a fairly young audience, I enjoyed the simplified telling of the video game plot. The manga was released in chapters at roughly the same time that the game was released in Japan, so a lot of the story is conjecture, and the book contains a non-canonical side story about the origin of Majora's mask that definitely a nice addition. The art is beautiful, and I was interested to find out that Akira Himekawa is a team of two female mangaka that are individually pen-named A. Honda and S. Nagano; the idea that women are less interested in comics and video games than men is an idea that I'm always glad to see contradicted. This book was a very quick read, so I'm looking forward to progressing through the set before long!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legend of Zelda.

01/13/2012 page 142