Nic's Reviews > Beautiful Demons

Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon

Jan 13, 12

Read on January 12, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Can I just point out how gorgeous the cover is? I really love it.
If you want a quick, fun and interesting read, this is the book for you.
I read this book in less than one day and really, I am hungry for the next book.
Harper is a strong-willed girl who yearns for acceptance and love. She does not take rubbish from anybody, she doesn’t conform. She follows her own style although sometimes doubts herself.
Then there’s Jackson. Bad boy Jackson. Messy brown hair and emerald green eyes and very kissable lips. I really liked him. But. He really made me frustrated when he couldn’t tell her anything. I know that he was under an oath but really. He just let her go. That’s not the type of guy I’d want; one that wouldn’t fight for me. And yeah, I understand that they just started getting to know each other but STILL!! They kissed!
Though I liked him, he seemed a bit unapproachable. In the books that I read, I get nervous when the girl kisses the guy, and then the next day he acts if nothing happened – I start thinking that’s what happens every time, but thankfully, it doesn’t happen. But that only happens sometimes to me. Some authors don’t create enough of chemistry, only just enough for the reader to see it. But it makes the reader doubt that something will come off it.
But that’s just my opinion.
Then there’s Drake. At first I liked him. But then when he “bolted” after hearing that Harper was from Shadowford, he just put me off. And he’s blonde. I like brown-haired or black-haired guys.
I don’t like that Harper just easily fell into the popular group. I know what happened to her but she knew how they acted and she still went in. She even had a feeling about all of it and she still went in. Sigh.
I think Courtney has plenty of potential to grow into her character. I really liked her. I hope to read more of her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Demons.

01/12/2012 "I really love this cover!!!:D"