Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books's Reviews > Spellcaster

Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz

Cara Lynn Shultz has definitely delivered an awesome sequel to Spellbound with Spellcaster. I loved the first novel Spellbound and Shultz has just blown me away with eternal soul mates Emma and Brendan, and the rest of the characters at Vincent Academy. Spellcaster was a wonderful surprise. Cara Lynn Shultz didn't hold back on showing today's true-to-life teens--the raw language and romance--and I love that. I also love Brendan, and I have to say thank you to Cara Lynn Shultz for taking me into Brendan's life and showing who this bad boy with a good heart really is.

Emma and Brendan have been happy soul mates for the last four months after Brendan risked his life to save Emma from the psychopath Anthony. But these two still have enemies who have been waiting for revenge, and this time it's Brendan's past that comes back to bite the playboy. Emma will be the one to pay for Brenden's love 'em and leave 'em life style. Brendan will not be Emma's white knight this time around. This is a girl thing, or in Emma's case, a witch thing.

Brendan puts their romance to the test as he always has taken what girls gave up so easily. Brendan is learning what he has truly lost by being the Stud King of Vincent Academy. He can't change his past, but the way Brendan opens his heart to show his love for Emma in trying to prove to her she's not just another notch on his bedpost, is swoon-worthy romance, and I love the way Emma handles this situation with Brendan.

Spellcaster is Emma's time for saving Brendan and their love, because there is an dark evil that hates Emma and Brendan's true love. I highly recommend Spellcaster as a must read.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spellcaster.

03/06/2012 page 90