Kristen (Peddler of Smut)'s Reviews > Lady Luck

Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley

Huge 5+ stars

Wow! What a fantastic story! Lady Luck was a book I was leery to read. I knew I would struggle with the hero, knowing how crass and disrespectful toward women he was, and I was right. What I didn't expect, however, was that I would ended up not only loving this passionate, emotional, intense, and captivating story, but I would also fall head-over-heels in love with the hero.

There were many things I loved about this book, but it was the love story between the hero and heroine, Ty and Lexie, that stole my heart and captured my imagination. I truly love this couple. The romance between Ty and Lexie was powerful and full of  devotion, admiration, understanding, tenderness, acceptance, and steamy hot passion. Of all the Kristen Ashley books I've read, Ty and Lexie's relationship felt the most authentic and substantial. They easily became one of my all time favorite couples, and Lexie by far my favorite heroine to date.

Lady Luck is another amazing story by Kristen Ashley. It's definitely a favorite!

If you're already a Kristen Ashley addict, or interested in checking out her books, be sure to stop by our Kristen Ashley Addict's Support Group here on Goodreads!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Luck.

02/15/2012
4.0% "It might take me a little or a lot of time to warm up to Ty. Not sure I'm gonnna like him. Guess we'll see." 2 comments
02/16/2012
14.0% "I'm keeping faith that Ty can win me over, but boy will he have to work for it. OMG. The guy is so degradingly crude toward women." 11 comments
02/16/2012
24.0% "I've missed Tate, Laurie, and all the fantastic Carnal character. I love reading about them from Lexie's pov. So fun." 5 comments
02/16/2012
31.0% "Good for you, Lexie! You called Ty on his asshole behavior and told it to him straight. I'm so proud of you." 1 comment
02/17/2012
44.0% "Alrighty! I will admit that Ty is winning me over! Big time! And Lexie is one fantastic heroine! The "mama" talk is just all kinds of wrong. I keep thinking Ty is talking to his mom not his wife." 12 comments
02/18/2012
63.0% "All I can say is Ty's comment, "Your nightmare, mama, was my dream." has me in tears and wanting to worship the ground Ty walks on. I still hate he calls women bitches and pussy, and I would wash his mouth out with soap because of it, but I adore him. I can't help but laugh at myself with how fickle I've been toward this hero. Lol." 20 comments
02/19/2012
88.0% "Once again, I'm crying over Ty's words. His "near-midnight, middle of f#ckin' nowhere heart-to-heart" was powerful, emotional, and wondrous. I love this story." 8 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brooke I cant wait to read this one......

KatLynne Kristen, I think you'll love him! It may take awhile...LOL There is a particular scene where he won my heart. It still plays in my mind:)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I'll keep the faith KatLynne. Right now, however, it's taking everything I have not to hate him. He's so crude! And not sexy crude (is that even possible? Lol) but degrading toward women crude. I'm sure I'll end up loving him, everyone ends up loving him, but he's not making it easy to like him right now.

Jill I agree Kristen, Ty's not easy to like at all. Much like Tate. And I'll guarantee you'll hate him just a bit more before you come to love him in the scene that KatLynne referred to in her comment.

message 6: by Mimi (last edited Feb 16, 2012 12:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith I think the only reason we even got to see Ty's crudeness is because of his POV. We see his thoughts and how disparaging he is toward women.

If that wasn't in this book, he wouldn't be that much different from Tate, IMO.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Jill wrote: "I agree Kristen, Ty's not easy to like at all. Much like Tate. And I'll guarantee you'll hate him just a bit more before you come to love him in the scene that KatLynne referred to in her comment."

That's a comforting thought, Jill. Haha. I'm not sure how much more I can hate him, but something tells me I'll be able to do just that.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Mimi wrote: "I think the only reason we even got to see Ty's crudeness is because of his POV. We see his thoughts and how disparaging he is toward women.

If that wasn't in this book, he wouldn't be that much d..."

That's very true, Mimi. I'm glad we weren't in Tates head until almost the end his book. Ty's a lot more bitter than Tate though. I'm not sure Tate had the hate that Ty has in him. Seems like he has good reason though.

message 9: by Shawna (last edited Feb 16, 2012 04:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna I feel ya, Kristen. I was the same way about Ty and had a very hard time warming up to him. I thought at one point there was absolutely no way I'd be able to forgive him. What kept me going when he pissed me off so bad was knowing what he'd been through and how much I loved Lexie and the emotional story. And although he's still not my favorite hero, Ty definitely earned my forgiveness and wiggled his way into my heart, particularly starting with the scene KatLynne referenced.

So hang in there!

message 10: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Feb 16, 2012 05:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thank you so much, Shawna! I remember reading your review and wondering what it was about Ty that had you struggling so much with his character. Boy do I understand what you were talking about! I think the thing that has me struggling so much is how Ty refers to women as bitches, cunts, or pussy. I cringe every time he uses those words. I'm warming up to him as the story progress, and I freakin adore Lexie. She might end up being my favorite KA heroine.

Shawna Yep, I got really tired of him saying "pussy" and "bitch" all the freakin' time. Lexie is definitely one of my fave heroines...I just adored her to bits.

Nikki Gorgeous half review, Kristen and I'm so glad that this (and Ty) worked for you! Look forward to your full review. :)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thank you, Nikki. Yes, Ty and I had a rocky start but boy did he win me over.

message 14: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Nice review!! Can I piggy-back to this book or do I have to start with book 1?

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter You already wrote a great review, Kristen! So happy that you loved LL!

message 16: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Feb 20, 2012 09:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Leslie wrote: "Nice review!! Can I piggy-back to this book or do I have to start with book 1?"

This book needs to be read last. It's doesn't matter if you read The Gamble book one or Sweet Dreams book two in order but both characters from those books play a role in this book. Sweet Dreams is my favorite of all the books but this one is a close second with Heaven and Hell third

message 17: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Good to know! Another one of my GR friends didn't care for The Gamble. Maybe I could start with Sweet Dreams and then read Lady Luck? :)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Baba wrote: "You already wrote a great review, Kristen! So happy that you loved LL!"

Thank you, Baba! I hope to write more of a review but I'm leaving on a family vacation Wednesday and I may not get to it before then. Good to know what I wrote is good enough. Maybe I should not worried about it and call the review good. I just love this book so much that I really wanted to express that in my review.

message 19: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Feb 20, 2012 09:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Leslie wrote: "Good to know! Another one of my GR friends didn't care for The Gamble. Maybe I could start with Sweet Dreams and then read Lady Luck? :)"

I started with Sweet Dreams and am glad I did. The Gamble is good but it's not as good as Sweet Dreams or this book, but Max is a fantastic character and the book is fun. You should read it but you can read this one after SD. Max and Nina don't play a huge role in this book but Tate does, so read SD first.

message 20: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Ok, sounds good, THANKS!! :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kristen wrote: "Baba wrote: "You already wrote a great review, Kristen! So happy that you loved LL!"

You already did express your feelings, Kristen! No worries! Enjoy your vacation!

message 22: by Jill (last edited Feb 20, 2012 11:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Glad you stuck with it Kristen. And I agree your review is enough. We can feel your lurve for LL.

Enjoy your holidays if I don't see you again before you leave.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thanks Jill. I'll just tidy my review up (I wrote it very late last night) and call it good. I really don't have time to write a longer one anyway.

Wendy Nice one Kristen! So glad you enjoyed it too.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thank you, Wendy. I may have wanted to wash Ty's mouth out with soap at times, but he ended up being a fabulous character. He and Lexie together were magnificent.

Wendy I agree Kristen, they are perfect for each other.

message 27: by Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict (last edited Feb 20, 2012 08:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict Woohoo!! 5 Stars....LOVED it too!! EXCELLENT review and so accurate!!

Karla It was a beautiful love story! How about that epilogue?! Loved it. Great review Kristen!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Dorsey wrote: "Woohoo!! 5 Stars....LOVED it too!! EXCELLENT review and so accurate!!"

Thank you, Dorsey. Ty and Lexie were amazing together. I loved their story.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Karla wrote: "It was a beautiful love story! How about that epilogue?! Loved it. Great review Kristen!"

Thank you, Karla. The epilogue was fabulous. I loved it too. The family they made melted my heart. There couldn't have been two more deserving characters.

Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict Kristen wrote: "Karla wrote: "It was a beautiful love story! How about that epilogue?! Loved it. Great review Kristen!"

Totally agree....I am ready (already) to reread after all of this talking!!

Splage Great Review Kristen. I loved this one too.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thank you, Splage.

message 34: by Rica (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rica Loved the review. I too was a bit leery about reading this book, but by the end, I LOVED it. Definitely going to be put on my re-read shelf

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thank you, Rica. Lady Luck is one of my favorite KA books and my favorite KA couple.

figuranta m/m lover same here Kristen ty just broke my heart x

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Yep. He's one of KA's best! He and Lexie are my favorite KA couple.

Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict I keep seeing comments posted on this thread and I want to Like, Like, Like your fantastic review all over again Kristen!!!!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Lol. Dorsey, you just put a huge smile on my face. Hugs to you my sweet friend.

Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict Kristen wrote: "Lol. Dorsey, you just put a huge smile on my face. Hugs to you my sweet friend."

((Hugs back)) glad I made you smile.

message 41: by Dd (new)

Dd Lovely review Kristen!!Have to start with this series soon!!:))

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thank you, Dd. I've very excited to have you start this series. I hope you love it!

I hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday. ((Hugs))

Sanaa You're absolutely correct that this relationship felt authentic. Loved the book and love this review!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thank you, Sanna. Your comment make me want to do a re-read. :)

Sanaa I know I'm gonna re-read it again too! too good :)

Ushma Thanks for the great review Kristen. I knew nothing about Kristen Ashley until I read your reviews and saw you were a huge fan. We have similar tastes in books for I gave her a chance...all I can say is WOW...each couple just gets better - Max and Nina (best epilogue ever!) - Tate and Lauren (Loved the Alpha-male) and now Ty and Lexie!
Thanks for introducing me to Kristen!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) You are so very welcome, Ushma. I'm so glad you're loving Kristen Ashley. I love her stories and I'm so happy you do, too. I hope you enjoy her other series. :)