Kerry's Reviews > The Noticeably Stouter Book of General Ignorance

The Noticeably Stouter Book of General Ignorance by John Lloyd

Jul 13, 12

bookshelves: 2012, 7, ebooks, non-fiction
Read from January 06 to July 13, 2012

This was a fun collection of the weird, curious and quite interesting facts collected and collated for the Stephen Fry hosted TV show, QI.

I learned all sorts of things that I probably never needed to know and forgot by the time I was on to the next section. But I don't particularly care as I enjoyed reading it and it's perfect for a piecemeal read of just a few pages here and there when you aren't feeling like reading anything else.

Just be aware that the last 25% of the ebook is actually the index. I guess because ebooks don't use small print and columns like paper books do, that it expanded considerably when the book was converted to the electronic version. It's still a useful index though (even if the page numbers in it relate to the paper edition) since each page number is hyperlinked. You still end up where you were wanting to go.

I don't know if it's appropriate to say in a public forum, but this is an excellent "bathroom book". Read a bit on each visit when you feel like it and over time you'll work your way through it. If you have a paper copy, leave it in there and your visitors can do the same. And when you wonder why they disappeared down your hallway and never returned, this book will be the answer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Noticeably Stouter Book of General Ignorance.

01/11/2012
05/27/2012
54.0% "Slow progress as I read a bit here and there, but that's what this kind of book is for."
show 1 hidden update…