VampireAngelSadist's Reviews > Death by Bikini

Jan 11, 2012

liked it
Read from April 16 to May 19, 2012

Finally! I finished it!
The book sounded interesting enough but god! It took me until more than halfway through the book to find it the least bit interesting.
The story is about a girl named Aphra who lives in a hotel on a secret island her dad runs. She finds a dead body of someone she knew and when a mysterious family comes along literally the day she died, she can't help but feel suspicious.
I loved the twist at the end! Who knew that that particular person would have been the killer. Although the writing wasn't extraordinary or even that interesting at times, the story pulled through at the end. Aphra was cunning but a bit whiny and always second guessing people. She is still really affected by her mom's absence and I can't believe her dad didn't notice that!
This really didn't seem like the first book in the series. There was too much explaining at the beginning, the author should have made the book start when her mother left her, like a flash back. But the book was okay, Seth was an excellent character, a bit too gushy or predictable at times considering he was supposed to be the tough protective guy.
I'll give it 3 stars for the about last 60 pages, that's the only reason I liked this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death by Bikini.

04/16/2012 page 34
14.0% "So far so good."
05/01/2012 page 74
31.0% "I really don't trust Seth. And he da is being a douche bad"
show 4 hidden updates…