Graham's Reviews > Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation

Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss

Dec 22, 08

Recommended for: Wiliiam Faulkner, textsters, my colon
Read in August, 2008

The problem with this book is it is a sermon written for the chorus. The poor writer is not going to pick this book up, and -- were there such a award-- this book would have won "The most disregarded gift of 2005". It's cute to imagine a war on punctuation, but when the author violates her own pet peeves, it is clear the sticklers would lose that war.

For "pulling out all the stops", I give this book an extra half star.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eats, Shoots & Leaves.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Graham This was a best seller, I definately reach some grammar-snobs. My point was she isn't creating new grammar-snob. Were she to do that we could have a revolution on hand. But the grammar-abuser has no reason to pick-up this book and then pick-up the cause.

My colon has been way over active since reading this book: I should see a gastroenterologist. While reading this book I considered "all the stops" this has spurred me to use my colon more; it really is a nice bit of punctuation. I am making up for 35 years of idleness.