Tracy's Reviews > Bone Key

Bone Key by Keith R.A. DeCandido

Nov 05, 08

bookshelves: tv-fiction, paranormal-supernatural, ghost-stories, boy-man-masculine-tales, fantasy-sci-fi, the-fam-connection, utter-crap, uncompelling-or-underwhelming-books, what-a-mess, owned-and-donated-books
Recommended for: No one. Read something good! Or just watch the tv show instead!
Read in November, 2008, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I just started this, for light, entertainment purposes ... and I have to say already that I'm quite nit-picky with the author's unbelievable dialogue, character descriptions and the huge amount of italiacized words. And yet this is the author of 30 or more "tv fanfiction" novels. *Huge anime crying eyes*

Well, let me tell you, it just got worse after those first chapters. The story sucked and was boring, and the big "last battles" were just dumb. It was disappointing (and even sadder that this author wrote another book about Supernatural that I bought and must yet read). The characters were preachy, like a demon who went on for a whole paragraph about Dean's promiscuousness, and then later went on about her dead demon "soul mate". Then there was Captain Naylor ... and the all of the memories of the ghosts rushing through Dean during one of the last battles, and how each memory ended with a description of Sam followed by: "...Sam". Besides, the whole way the story was structured to character descriptions and situations and etc., seemed like it was written by a third grader.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the author completely gave away the ending of the other Supernatural book he wrote in this one. Idiot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Key.