J.N.'s Reviews > Dirty Jersey

6193296
Jan 19, 2012

did not like it
Read from January 16 to 19, 2012

This book was about an unpopular boy, Eric, and how he becomes "cool" after meeting and befriending a famous rapper. I found this book to really drag, but wanted to finish it so I could review the entire book. I felt that the pop culture references was a little overdone. And if some people really do talk and think like the people in this book, I think I would go crazy having to hear it all of the time. I found the characters to be either boring or completely unlikable. I did like the meeting of Kenya and the mother of Monique, and how Eric wishes rappers wouldn't usually always have to rap about sex, guns, and violence, but it wasn't enough to make me enjoy the book. It just wasn't my kind of story, as much as I wanted to like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Jersey.

01/16/2012 page 28
01/18/2012 page 68
27.0% "UGH. If all the books are like this, I don't know if I can read another one. Way too many pop culture references and is boring :-/"
01/19/2012 page 158
62.0% "Even though my friend assures me that the slang in this book is relevant, it still seems way overdone to me. I'm bored."