TinCar Carreiro's Reviews > Uprising

Uprising by Dawn Jayne

5209802
Jan 11, 2012

Recommended for: everyone who loves dark angels
Read in September, 2012

Uprising was an amazing, page turning read! After the first paragraph, I was hooked and soon fell in love with this story. Jayne’s angels are temperamental and a force to be reckoned with. Once the story took me above the human world, I was blown away. The imagination and imagery of Jayne’s world is simply awesome. I found myself falling deeper into this paranormal world of second chances and the natural order of cause and effect.

The book is well rounded, invoking every emotion. The storyline of Rise Hawke is an emotional one – her pain, what she endured, and what she will overcome. I found myself drawn to the character as if she was an old friend. I love how the character was written, flaws and all. Mostly, I enjoyed watching her grow. Watching her take the bad and trying her hardiest to make the best out of the hand she was dealt.

I would say that this is dark read, and it is, but Jayne’s dark becomes… darker. Watch out for the minions! From the Heralds to each choir color, Jayne’s angels are unique, each possessing a special trait. The pieces line up at the end beautifully in a strategically woven plot.

Uprising will leave you wondering, what’s your soul worth as you plot your own course for advancement? I will soon delve into this story again. Yes, it’s that good.

Personal reflections:

One of my favorite things in this story is the world angels. It reminded me of a favorite movie of mine, Defending your Life. I loved the reflecting pools, the life charts…etc People that like astrology will love this! When I reached the end of the story and recapped how “cause and effect” touched the characters, I was in awe at how well everything entwined. I can’t wait for book two!!!

Well done, Mrs. Jayne!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Uprising.