Jeanne's Reviews > A Modern Witch

A Modern Witch by Debora Geary

Jan 11, 2012

Read in January, 2012

After the heavy holidays (Christmas and Hannukah) A Modern Witch caught my eye as wonderfully escapist fun. That it is and more. The throw-away lines are just like the girlfriends together hilarity. One inside funny after another -- and don't worry. The insider requirement is being human and enjoys her (or his) friends.

There is also creative thinking galore within. Debora has crafted a witching world that is congruent internally and with reality. Her Enchanter's Realm is an online game created and coded by main characters, with witch-only levels that are supposedly only for witches. (Do suspect a minor twist in the plot on this.)

The many characters introduced in the early chapters eventually sort themselves into memorable characters. Bonus: Here is a whole book that exemplifies treating one another with trust and cooperation. Now that definitely added to my life. Fun and lingering goodness.

Reaching the end was a disappointment and one that I am going to correct right now with A Hidden Witch (Book 2 of the A Modern Witch Series).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Modern Witch.