Ruth Hill's Reviews > Nate Rocks the World

Nate Rocks the World by Karen Pokras Toz

Jan 11, 12

bookshelves: martha
Read in January, 2012

I really liked the book because whenever Nate got a pencil and paper, he started drawing comics. He didn't stay focused on what he was supposed to. One time, they were playing hangman, Tommy (his best friend) guessed the word because of the comic Nate drew. Sometimes his comics get him off task in school. He would rather draw comics than take a test!

The book is probably for kids around the age of 10 or so, and it would probably be more for boys, but since I am a tomboy, I tended to enjoy the book.

This is one of those stories that a kid can pick up and read just for fun--there is no hidden message or anything like that.

Tommy is the character I would most like to meet in real life because his mom was the absolute best cook in the world! Nate's mom, on the other hand, has the worst cooking ever! (Kind of like my mom! It's okay, she knows I don't like her cooking. In fact, she is the one typing the review for me!)

I give this book a rating of a 4 because it kind of got boring after a little while with all the comics. I am not one who enjoys comics that much, but I have to say that the story is great!

Reviewed by my eight-year-old daughter in exchange for a free copy of the book. All opinions are 100 percent hers, and she was not financially compensated in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nate Rocks the World.