Staci's Reviews > Cinder

Aug 01, 2012

bookshelves: blame-sheree, must-read-2012, 2012-audio, 2012-reads
Recommended to Staci by: Sheree
Read from June 26 to July 09, 2012

Cinder is not your everyday average retelling of Cinderella! It surpassed all my expectations and I found myself enthralled and captivated by this fresh and very original story of cyborg, Cinder. I normally do not do futuristic or science fiction books, but I believe I have been missing out on some fantastic worlds and storytelling. Marissa Myer wrote a book that immediately pulls the reader into the story and has them rooting for Cinder from the very first encounter. I also loved, loved, loved Iko, Cinder's little robot friend. And how can I forget Prince Kai??? He was completely adorable, but also very strong willed.

Recommend? YES! I loved listening to this on audio. I thought Rebecca Soler captured the essence of each character and changed her voice just enough to make you believe each and every one. She nailed Cinder's sarcastic voice and I found myself more than once laughing out loud! I'm very excited because book two of the Lunar Chronicles will be coming out in February 2013...can't wait to read more from this talented author!

Source: Won from Sheree@The Eclectic Reader
Narrator: Rebecca Soler
Length of audio: 10 hours

Bookish Thoughts #35
© 2012, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder.