Jen's Reviews > The Templar Legacy

The Templar Legacy by Steve Berry

Sep 08, 12

Recommended for: Da Vinci Code fans looking to further fuel their arsenal of anti-Jesus "facts"
Read in July, 2008

** spoiler alert ** A "Me too!" in the Da Vinci Code genre. Enh.

Ok, finished it. OMG, you mean Jesus didn't ACTUALLY rise from the dead and that it's all a metaphor?! No shit, Sherlock. He hinges the whole plot on Jesus' resurrection, and then you're supposed to act all shocked when the characters actually find his bones. BFD. Of course then his characters are all like "Well this info doesn't really matter in today's modern society..." after they spent all this effort finding it. The characters are all underdeveloped and constantly tripping over each other- did Berry seriously need the whole troop present for the final confrontation? Some of the characters seemed like they were created just because the author thought there weren't enough, or that his already existing characters were too boring, or something. I'm still trying to figure out why Cotton Malone was the main character. Oh right, so Berry could create a travel/adventure/thriller series based on him. Otherwise there was no reason for Malone to be moving the plot forward. Cassiopeia was interesting but gone before she actually ever became relevant. She was just there to provide another plot twist (Thorvaldson sure gets around!) and to save Malone's ass from situations Berry couldn't write him out of.

Anyway, this book was lame. I'm tempted to read more though... just can't get enough of the fictional Biblical analysis! ;)
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Templar Legacy.

Justin Mitchell Geez spoiler alert, damn! Thanks to you, I have no interest in finishing the book because u know what happens.

message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jen Did you not see the giant *spoiler alert* at the top of the review? Anyway, you're welcome because the book is crap anyway.

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jen Hmmm, this review was written years ago and I see the spoiler alert tag isn't working in the mobile app. I'll correct that.

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jen Jen wrote: "Hmmm, this review was written years ago and I see the spoiler alert tag isn't working in the mobile app. I'll correct that."

I just checked it and the spoiler checkbox was already checked to hide the entire review because of spoilers. Not sure why it wasn't hidden for you, Justin.