Eileen's Reviews > Deity

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout

7208929
Sep 30, 12

bookshelves: arc, gift, mythology, i-own, physical, romance, young-adult
Read on September 28, 2012

Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

Holy fudge! What was that? I think I just died. Too bad Apollo's not here. (Inside joke concerning Deity) You know a book has exceeded your expectations when you turn the last page, think it's not the last page, and keep flipping until you realize your mistake and nearly bring down the house at one in the morning.

Deity starts off a few weeks or so after the epic conclusion of Pure, which I will not reveal for spoiler purposes, but it jumped straight into the action. Something Jennifer excels at every time is getting right to the point and not wasting words on useless fluff. Every aspect of the story was a part of something bigger in the future. A lot of tension was created, and right off the bat I was sucked into the story and couldn't get away from it until I'd turned the last page and promptly flipped out. Every moment was so intense and more tragic than the books before it and I couldn't stop being surprised.

In Deity, Alex was a much more admirable character. She really cared about the people around her at the same time knew how to keep her head straight after going through the shocking revelations of Half-Blood, Pure, and now Deity. Although her decisions sometimes got her in a tough pickle, her decisions were still realistic and compassionate. It was honestly a stroke of bad luck that the situations went awry really quickly. Also, in Deity, Alex discovered so much more about herself and her destiny, learning how people could push her limits, and that anger wasn't always the way out.

Insane is not a suitable term to describe this book. Some of the ideas covered in Deity really shocked me and got me out of my chair screaming. One of the moments halfway through got me so surprised that I had to put down my book and then rant to anybody who would listen. And then it was repeated every other chapter. It brings unexpected to a whole new level.

And, Aiden! You all know that I'm Team Aiden, and while Pure focused on Seth and Alex's relationship, Deity is all about Aiden and Alex's relationship. This really made me happy, because the romance was swoon-worthy and so sweet this time around. They really grew closer, and their relationship extended farther. Aiden, as usual, was the same hot badboy who had a heart of gold underneath, and Seth was, well, he was Seth.

Thrilling, captivating, and my favorite out of all the Covenant books, Deity will blow you away if you liked the first few books. Fans of mythology and steamy romance will love this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deity.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» I AM SOOOO JEALOUS OF YOU!! I can't wait to get my hands on this!!!

Eileen Haha thanks! :) It's totally worth it trust me it was even better than the first two books if that's even possible O_O

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» GAHHHHH....!!! Okay okay *breathe* Just tell me this...is this an Aiden book or a Seth book??!

Eileen Aiden, definitely Aiden :D <3

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» OH MAN!! I am going crazy right now!! *sob* Okay...one more question promise.......is Seth evil??

Eileen O_O

........

........

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» HOLY CLOWNS.....Is that face a good thing...no no no....definitely bad right!! AHHHHH...I can't talk about this anymore.!! That's not good, right! *deeeep breath* D:

Okay..once again SO JEALOUS OF YOU!!!! *sticks out tongue* ;]

Eileen Lol I can't say for risk of somebody exploding lol ;) but when you do get it I hope you love it!

Emily Aiden I love you!

You so lucky to have all the answers to our feud! I'm green with envy right now.

Eileen Lol thanks :) I'm so happy I got to read this it was amazing and yes I totally agree about Aiden EEK! :D

Emily yes, another Aiden fan!

The Cover Contessa I love your Apollo line, too funny!!!!