Traci (The Reading Geek)'s Reviews > Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters

Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin

Feb 13, 12

bookshelves: ya-contemporary-challenge
Read from January 21 to 31, 2012

Meredith Zeitlin's Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters is the story of Kelsey as she starts her freshman year of high school. Kelsey wants this to be her year finally. However, everything doesn't go as she plans and it leads to several embarrassing moments.

I loved Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters. This book was absolutely hilarious! Kelsey is a frustrated and dramatic teenager to say the least. She fights with her parents quite often and can't stand her annoying little sister. She wants it to be the year where she stands out and finally captures the attention of Jordan, who she has been crushing on for years. At times I wanted to scream at Kelsey for being shallow and caring about the smallest things that shouldn't matter. However, then I would take a moment to remember that I was overreacting over the same exact stuff at that age too.

I loved Kelsey's friends JoJo, Cassidy, and Em. I loved the relationship that they all shared but of course there was some drama involved. I enjoyed the drama though because it made their friendship realistic and that is just what high school is like.

Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters was so hilarious that I had to put it down several times to control my laughter. Once I started this book I finished it fairly quickly. Some of the situations that Kelsey found herself in were so embarrassing that I even felt my own face turning red for her. This story brought back so many memories of my own high school experience too. I admit I even found myself in several situations similar to Kelsey just only a few years ago. Zeitlin wrote an excellent and realistic depiction of high school. I highly recommend Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters! Not only is it a hilarious and fun read but, it is also a great story about growing up.

Review originally posted on: thereadinggeek.blogspot.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters.

01/30/2012 page 68