Kim Smiley's Reviews > Still Waters

Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne

Mar 02, 12

Read from March 01 to 02, 2012

What a good book! Started a little slow, but that was ok. Hannah is going into her senior year of high school while her boyfriend Colin is going to go off to college. So before he leaves, Hannah wants one weekend alone with him so they can be together and she can finally tell him she loves him; something she has yet to say to him after going out for a year.

While they're in his attic, Hannah finds a picture of a lake house and an old hand drawn map. She asks Colin about it and he says he hates it up there, that he hasn't been there since he was 10. She thinks it's the perfect getaway and decides to surprise Colin, not telling him where they are going.

Once they're on their way and she finally tells Colin where they're headed, he freaks out. He doesn't tell her why, but finally calms down and agrees to go. They have a great time the first day, then things go bad.

I won't spoil the book for those who are thinking about reading it, (and you should read it)! But what a good story, and told in only 212 pages. I do admit, there are a couple of unanswered questions I have and I'm sure other readers do too, but all in all, I'm glad I read this book. It wasn't what I expected it to be and in a good way.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Waters.

03/01/2012 page 35
17.0% "Looks like its going to be a book I can read rather quickly since it's only 200 pages. I'm just really wanting to get up to this house! I know once they get there it's going to be good!"
03/01/2012 page 75
35.0% "Ok, we're at the house now, (like I'm actually there, but I feel like it)! And I'm already scared. I didn't really know what this book was about, but like Hannah, I don't like the isolation, the lack of cars on their way there, and the barely there dirt road to this house. I feel cut off from society. And when she was packing, I'm betting on the fact that she brought no cell phone chargers!"
show 2 hidden updates…