Lesley's Reviews > He's Just Not That Into You: Your Daily Wake-Up Call

He's Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt

Jul 03, 08

Recommended for: Nicole
Read in July, 2008

So, I decided to read this book because the movie is coming out soon, plus a few of my friends have read it and while dishing about ex-boyfriends over lunch have often said to me "he's just not into you" and then told me to read the book. I wish I had done so earlier and not wasted so much time on "Mr. short and fat" the not-so-into-me lawyer that never called me, never made time for me but I was totally obsessed with him for over a year (although we only went on one date, and that was a date that I arranged...I'm soooooo dumb), friends may remember him by his former nick-name "Mr. Hottie Pants" (I get over guys by associating them with a negative concept, oh, how the mighty fall...!)
The book is full of hysterical one-liners and great tidbits of advice on guys-but more importantly valuing yourself...and learning the art of calling a spade a spade. It's spoken like you are having a conversation with your best friend who is still in touch with reality and you are the totally crazy one and you desperately need someone to say "are you listening to yourself? Seriously? You would really let him do that and then come here and ask me about whether it's okay or not? ARE YOU F***ing INSANE? You are the crazy one here woman, good god, you two are made for each other if you think that behavior is okay."

The book is fab., and I recommend it to all of my single friends and soon to be single ones (just kidding).
Just make sure to chuck the book cover before you bring it with you on the train, like I did. I wasn't be able to handle the judgement of the other commuter rail passengers.

Cheers,
Lesley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read He's Just Not That Into You.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Jan 29, 2010 09:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel Hilarious! Yes, at first, I also felt self-conscious while reading this on the train. But as I was reading it, I thought, "You known what, anyone who looks at me negatively because I am reading this, doesn't know anything about this book." Because this book is about empowering women to get what they want in life and not to settle for crappy treatment.

I feel that just READING THIS BOOK is a sign that you care about yourself, and that you love your life. It's not a sign that you have problems, all women need to hear this message. So ... when I realized that, I no longer cared if people saw what I was reading. In fact, I held the book conspicuously out for all to see. I wanted to ADVERTISE the book to the other train female passengers. As if to say ... LOOK! YOU SHOULD BE READING THIS, TOO!