Wendy's Reviews > Everything I Know About Love I Learned from Romance Novels

Everything I Know About Love I Learned from Romance Novels by Sarah Wendell

Oct 27, 14

bookshelves: 2012, non-fiction, romance, literary-criticism, authorsihavemet
Read from June 18 to 21, 2012

I really like Sarah Wendell, and her blog, and her podcast. I really liked her first book (co-authored with fellow smart bitch Candy Tan), Beyond Heaving Bosoms: The Smart Bitches' Guide to Romance Novels, and I really liked this one, too. I'm relatively new to the genre - and appear to have missed the Golden Age of romance, having abandoned it in the early 1980's, just as (it seems) it was getting really good. Reading this book - about all the lessons readers learned from romance novels - makes me quite regretful that I wasn't reading much romance in those tricky years between 18-35, learning about myself and what I wanted, in a man, in a relationship, and in the bedroom. (Not to say I didn't learn some of these things from the books I did read, of course.)

I'm very glad Sarah is out there, reading books and reviewing them so I can read the ones I enjoy, and leave the rest of them to other readers. Keep up the good work, Sarah; you really are my spirit guide in the romance field!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything I Know About Love I Learned from Romance Novels.