Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer's Reviews > Sweet Blood of Mine

Sweet Blood of Mine by John Corwin

Mar 02, 12

bookshelves: young-adult
Recommended to Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer by: Posse
Recommended for: PNR readers, young & old
Read from February 28 to March 02, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

I absolutely loved this book. It is the first in a series and the main character, Justin Case is a 17 year-old chubby nerd. He goes to a highschool that worships the football players, so pretty much they get away with murder and rule the school...similar to most American highschools but multiply it by 10. He has two "friends" that pretty much prove very early on in the story that they are fair-weather friends and when he tries to protect the "love of his life" from one of the football players he finds himself ostracized by almost the entire school, including the pretty popular girl of his dreams. Into the picture walks the "Goth" chick and her two "Goth" guy friends and Justin will finally get to see what it means to have real friends. Add into all this highschool drama the fact that Justin isn't all he appears to be and the supernatural world comes crashing through his life like a hurricane and you've got yourself one fantastic story. Sweet Blood of Mine shakes up the paranormal romance genre with action packed chapters and a great cast of characters that will leave you wanting more by the end.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Blood of Mine.

02/28/2012 page 108
show 1 hidden update…

Duchess Nicole LOL! His name is Justin Case! LMAO!!!

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer I loved that too Duchess...and yes John did that on purpose, I checked because I noticed it right away.

Duchess Nicole Where are y'all getting this? Did you get the print book from B&N? I'm not finding the ebook anywhere.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer We were part of a beta read group. We got to read it back at the beginning of January and John has just finalized the changes. We got an updated version and that is the version that I reviewed.

Duchess Nicole Do you know when it'll be available to the masses?

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer I heard April 7th but not absolutely sure.

Duchess Nicole Oh, not too long, then! Thanks! I'm interested to read from a man's perspective. I think I read women authors 99.9% of the time.

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- I'm like you Duchess, I read women authors most of the time, but Johns book was amazing. I also am not a huge YA fan, but I was totally drawn into the story and loved it....John has a real quick wit and a way of capturing your attention....

I didn't realise we could post our reviews now Chelle...I'll have to get on and write mine.