Martha's Reviews > On the Street Where You Live

On the Street Where You Live by Mary Higgins Clark

May 29, 13

bookshelves: suspense-thrillers, own-books
Read from January 11 to March 31, 2012

After reading "Daddy's Little Girl", by Mary Higgins Clark, I was excited to become engrossed in another of her novels. But, I have to say, "On the Street Where You Live", was very disappointing to me. I actually couldn't wait to finish it, just to finish it, not because I couldn't wait for the ending.

This story covers eleven days. It starts on Tuesday, March 20, and the "big" day that keeps popping up in the book is Saturday, March 31. Kind of eerie, I finished this book today, Saturday, March 31!!

Emily Graham, a defense attorney, decides to buy her ancestors' Victorian house in Spring Lake, New Jersey. This house is where her great, great, grandaunt, Madeline Shapley had lived, and the neighborhood where Madeline mysteriously disappeared in 1891. There is intrigue with the reincarnation aspect throughout much of the novel.

I only gave 2 stars because there are too many side stories, too many characters, and it didn't wrap up neatly enough at the end. I am not giving up on Mary Higgins Clark. I am sure there are many other good mysteries she has out there. This one just left me irritated, and exhausted.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Street Where You Live.

01/11/2012 page 22
show 16 hidden updates…

message 1: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Miller Martha,
You should ask Judi about mysteries. She reads a lot of them. I like the Number One Ladies' Detective Agency series. Have you tried those yet?

Martha No, Betsy, I haven't yet, but I think I've seen them on your books' list. There is a second-hand bookstore very close to our house and I 'll bet they will carry them. Thank you for the tip!