Nhi Vo's Reviews > Unleashed

Unleashed by Nancy Holder

4194456
Jan 10, 12

Read in January, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I didn't hate the book. I thought the story has a lot of potential. However, it's the protagonist that made me want to throw the book out of the window.
I actually liked her at first; with her dreams of dancing and performing for Cirque de Soleil. Once she got to Wolf Springs, she just basically threw her dream away. She could have just said "Oh, since I'm probably going to be stuck here forever, might as well give up now." Not only that, I didn't feel any connection to her after. She ran away every time she comes face to face with a problem. It's either she gets in her car and drive away, or locks herself up in her room. And she comes running whenever she's near Justin.
And don't even talk about Justin. Ugh. He annoyed me. Trick I can put up with, though he annoyed me too. Trick, at least, has some chemistry with Katelyn. Justin, all he does is suck face with her every time they see each other. There's no sparks or whatsoever between them at all. At the end, he told her to "stay away from him" when he's the one that initiates everything. All the while, Katelyn actually has feelings for him. I mean, are you kidding me!!?
So that's that. I hate all the main characters, but I find the not-so-important ones interesting, like Mike and Beau, and that one dude with his retreat up in the mountain.
I think I will read the 2nd book once it comes out. I might dislike the characters, but I find the plot really compelling. It's mysterious...I'm just dying to know what marked Katelyn. In the next book, I hope there will be a swoon-worthy guy, unlike the other two. And I hope Katelyn can finally stand up for herself, instead of bowing her head all the time.
And it's my opinion, so don't hate me for it.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unleashed.

Kayce I kind of bought the second book before the first does it matter ?

message 2: by Nhi (new) - rated it 1 star

Nhi Vo Kayce wrote: "I kind of bought the second book before the first does it matter ?"

I haven't read the second book yet, so I have no idea. o.o I didn't even know it was out, but I'll give it a go. :) i think you should read the first book though, cause I don't think this is a stand alone novel. But what do I know, I still need to read the second book lol XD

Kayce Thanks :-)