Hayley G's Reviews > The Immortal Rules

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Apr 09, 12

Read from February 08 to 22, 2012

This book was just as epic as I thought it would be! It combines two genres sweeping the YA industry right now (Vampires and Dystopian Society) in a way that will leave both Twilight and Hunger Games fans eager for more.

Allie is one of the strongest protagonists I've read this year. She has the grit of Katniss but I found her to be a much more relatable and likeable character (I'm sure there are many out there who would disagree :)) She's battling the monster inside her while trying to cope in a world overwrought by them. I thoroughly enjoyed her interaction with each character, especially Zeke- I was rooting for these two to the bitter end.

Zeke is amazing! Ash might have some competition with this new hero. He's loyal and honest and maybe Allie only real hope or attachment left to humanity. I cannot wait to see where Julie will take the relationship between these two next in book two!

The world Julie has imagined is so devastating and captivating. The action starts in the first chapter and doesn't let up til' the end, which will leave you thirsty for more. Fans of Julie's The Iron Fey series will appreciate the imaginative world and strong heroine that she has created in her newest release. Action and destruction fill the pages with a dash of romance to even it out.

Don't pass this one up folks! Bring on book 2! :)

Happy Reading!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Immortal Rules.

02/08/2012 page 56
02/10/2012 page 236
46.0% "Holy crap, so epic!"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christen *Goldilox And The Three Weres* Did you request this through Harlequin Teen? I CANNOT find a contact person for them, I only have the contact for MIRA. I'm not asking for your contact info, I'm just curious if its possible to find!!!

Christen *Goldilox And The Three Weres* So how are you liking it??? I WAS on an ARC tour for it, but my name 'mysteriously' disappeared...HT said it will be on Netgalley closer to the release date, but I'm still going to try and get my grubby hands on an Advance copy. So, is it wonderful?

Hayley G I LOVED it! I can't wait to review it, that's so sad about the ARC tour, maybe it was just accident and you're still part of the tour! :)

Christen *Goldilox And The Three Weres* Hahaha way to b optimistic, lol! I'll be keeping an eye out on the swap if you decide to post this. ;)