Reading Wolf's Reviews > Feed

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Sep 23, 12

bookshelves: did-not-finish, author-male, big-brother, 00my-reviews
Read in March, 2012

I was turned off by the dialogue and I felt no draw toward the characters. This book gets zero stars because I did not read enough of it to give a rating.

The dialogue and language used by the characters made it dificult to understand what was really going on in the story. I could not take it anymore and after around 60/200 pages I decided to give it a rest.

The world is described with minimum detail. All I know is everyone speaks as if they are uneducated/unmotivated teenagers (not saying all teenagers were uneducated, I was referring to the teenagers who refuse to use proper language/grammar/punctuation when communicating.), even the adults , with a limited and skewed vocabulary. I kept expecting the characters to complain about how hard life is and how no one understands them or cares about their feelings. The typical kind of complaints you get from teenagers who lack depth and refuse to take avantage of the benefits provided to them.

I think a world based entirely on consumerism and technology implanted directly into the brain to feed mass advertisements and information could be one plausible future for our species. (And that is what scares the daylights out of me.) Do I want it to happen? No. Even without reading what few pages I have of this book, I still would not wish to see a future based on consumerism and 24/7 brain feeds.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feed.