Wendy F's Reviews > Magic Bleeds

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews

4019599
Jan 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012, favorites, my-lovers, scary-thriller-creepy, urban-fantasy, vampires, werewolves, witches, kate-daniels
Read from January 23 to 24, 2012

I have nothing to say, no big long review to write. This book was the best one of the series. The end shattered me. My chest aches.

Sorry, there's nothing left in me right now. Maybe I'll come back and review later.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bleeds.

Quotes Wendy F Liked

Ilona Andrews
“He leaned his head to me, his neck so close to my lips, I felt the heat coming off his skin. His breath was warm against my ear. His voice was a ragged snarl. "I miss you."
This wasn't happening.
"I worry about you." He dipped his head and looked into my eyes. "I worry something stupid will happen and I won't be there and you'll be gone. I worry we won't ever get a chance and it's driving me out of my skull."
No, no, no, no.........
We stared at each other. The tiny space between us felt too hot. Muscles bulged on his naked frame. He looked feral.
Mad gold eyes stared into mine. "Do you miss me, Kate?"
I closed my eyes trying to shut him out. I could lie then we would be back to square one. Nothing would be resolved. I'd still be alone, hating him and wanting him.
He grabbed my shoulders and shook me once. "Do you miss me?"
I took the plunge. "Yes.”

Ilona Andrews
“If you come, you better come in force because I will kill every single one of you. My hand won't shake, my aim won't falter. My face will be the last thing you'll see before you die." I jammed my knife into the table and walked out.”

Ilona Andrews
“The phone rang. I picked it up.

“Are you sitting down?” Curran's voice asked.
“Yes.”
“Good.”

Click.

I listened to the disconnect signal. If he wanted me to sit, then I'd stand. I got up. The chair got up with me and I ended up bent over my desk, with the chair stuck to my butt. I grabbed the edge of the chair and tried to pull it off.

It remained stuck.

I would murder him. Slowly. And I'd enjoy every second of it.”

Ilona Andrews
“How was I supposed to know that you let two little bears hurt you, Goldilocks?"
"Ah, yes, that mouth. I missed it. All mine now.”

Ilona Andrews
“I gave him my hard stare. “You're a control freak and I fight all authority. And you want us to mate?”
A wicked spark lit his eyes. “Many, many times.”

Ilona Andrews
“You should name him Fezzik."
"Inconceivable.”

Ilona Andrews
“Would you like to borrow a pair of my panties to wave around at the next Council meeting to get the point across?”
His eyes flashed. “Got any to spare?”
I could’ve picked somebody rational. But no, I had to fall in love with this arrogant idiot. Come to the Keep with me, be my princess. Mourn me when your crazy dad kills me. Yeah, right.”

Ilona Andrews
“It seems that the young woman made some indelicate suggestion of a threesome...When I got there, Miss Nash was standing by the hot tub in a small bikini, pointing the business end of a SIG-Sauer P-226 at her fella and concerned members of the hotel staff, while dunking the scantily clad female's head under the water and asking, "Who's diving for clams now, bitch?”

Ilona Andrews
“Ready to put your claws where your mouth is, or are you going to cringe behind the big boys and yip all day?"
His eyes flared yellow "Is that a challenge?"
"Yes it is.”

Ilona Andrews
“No more tubs for me." I jumped off the bed and pulled on a pair of Pack sweats. "They make me lose all sense."
Curran sprawled on the bed with a big self-satisfied smile. "Want to know a secret?"
"Sure."
"It's not the bathtub, baby."
Well, aren't we smug. I picked up the corner of the lowest mattress and made a show of looking under it.
"What are you looking for?"
"A pea Your Majesty."
"What?"
"You heard me."
I jumped back as he lunged and his fingers missed me by an inch.
"Getting slow in your old age."
"I thought you liked it slow."
A flashback to last night mugged me and my mind executed a full stop.
He laughed. "Ran out of snappy comebacks?"
"Hush. I'm trying to think of one.”

Ilona Andrews
“I'll call you," he repeated.
"If you call me, I won't pick up the phone."
"You will wait by the phone for my call, and when it rings, you will pick it up and you will speak to me in a civil manner. If you don't know how, ask someone.”

Ilona Andrews
“Tiny gold sparks flared in his irises. "You're in my rooms in my bathtub naked and you're still mouthing off."
Did he expect anything different? "Hey, I didn't kick or punch you in the throat. I consider this progress. And you haven't choked me again, which is some sort of record for you...”

Ilona Andrews
“I'm counting to ten in my head."
"Is it helping?"
"No."
"It doesn't help me with you either. I used to life weights to alleviate frustration, but someone blowtorched my weight bench. How did you do it, by the way?"
"I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.”

Ilona Andrews
“I know a man who is in love with my friend. He loves her absolutely.
The only thing he wants in return is for her to love him.”

Saiman arched his eyebrows, imitating me. “And?”

"You’re the exact opposite of him. You lack the capacity to love, so you want to smother mine as well.”

01/24/2012 page 143
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * Wow you are flying through these! Is this the one with the super glue? Loved it!

Leea I'm so glad you liked it!! Yay *happy dance* I feel better about my review after reading yours. lol!!

Wendy F Heidi, this is totally the one with the super glue! I totally loved it. I had a big grin any time Curran and Kate were in the room together.

Leea, I feel bad but I have nothing to say when I review these! It's more of a addicting need to immediately pick up the next book.

Regina I love all your quotes - you liked so many of them!

The end of this book is emotionally draining. I understand why you didn't have alot to say.

Wendy F Hahaha, I couldn't stop clicking 'like'!

Leea Wendy, don't feel bad, I felt the same way. Lol!