Richard Leaver's Reviews > Post-Human

M_50x66
Apr 12, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from April 04 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy

I really liked Post-Human by David Simpson and will be reading the sequel Trans-Human next.

I had a problem getting into the book. This was mostly due the flight ability the characters had and their use of it to travel to Venus as if commuting to work. Technically it may be feasible but economically it would be had to justify the energy expense to commute to Venus. This was the only reason I couldn’t give the book a rating of 5.

Everything else about the book was great.

The books vision of how we will merge with technology is a very interesting and attractive concept. I’ve no doubt there will be dissenters (I work with a gent who refuses to have a mobile phone).

The characters were a bit stereotypical for the roles they played but this didn’t detract from the book’s message. A bit of time with the Purists before the holocaust would have added to the story, such as why they didn’t want nans and how they were treated by the AI and the rest of human culture.

I am very interested in exploring the Post-Human world further.

Thanks David for giving me an opportunity to read this as part of the First Reads giveaway.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Post-Human.