JeanBookNerd's Reviews > Wide Awake

5519230
Sep 25, 13

bookshelves: reviews
I own a copy

Wide Awake (Academy of the Fallen Series) by Daniele Lanzarotta is a gripping story that is compellingly magnetic from the first page to the last. I had a difficult time stepping away from this original entrancing story and its great set of unforgettable characters.

The supernatural world that Lanzarotta created was truly immense even though the book is just at 280 pages. Even in such a short book, it contained a lot of details, surprises, adventures, and many emotions that you feel satisfied after finishing it. It had a fast-paced plot and the character development is well intact. The book came to life right before my eyes witnessing how these characters matured from facing their issues.

Lanzarotta brilliantly created two characters that I will never forget. Kayla and Hunter’s relationship felt genuinely real and the chemistry between them gives its validity. I am yearning for more of Kayla and Hunter because the story is just the tip of a buried pyramid. I can’t wait for the next books so I can dig out this pyramid, find out more about them, and see what happens next.

Excitement is a major theme in this book for me. Every turn of the page was full of excitement. The story was truly exhilarating and appealing and left me wanting to know more. The next book in the series, Nephilim, has taken a top spot in my To-Be-Read list.

3.5 Stars
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wide Awake.