Watson's Reviews > Only the Good Spy Young

Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter

Jan 10, 12

I get giddy just looking at this. Hehehehehehehehehehehe. Ally Carter. just an fyi to all of you readers of this here postie reveiw, I will have you know that I practically ripped my hair out from its roots begging my mother to take me to the bookstore the day it came out. I was running around the house, drinking apple juice(since I don't like soda or coffee, apple juice is the next best thing) and screaming until my voice was raw. At this point you are probably thinking, "Dude. This chic has no life. I bet she's like, twelve." And to you, I say, I do have a life, and it consists of the following:
1. Eating
2. Sleeping
3. Reading Books.

So there you have it. That's my life. And to the age-thingie, I am almost sixteen. I have always had this dream of being a spy, though. Sounds pretty epic. But back to my story! Despite my rants and jumping on the ceilings, my mother is one tough cookie. I didn't get the book until about noon. (insert horror-movie screaming here) The horror! I read the book, cover to cover, in a few hours. Then I cried. You ask why? 10 months until the next book. I suffered severe withdrawl and visited a therapist fully equipped with a plush sitting chair and he said, "And how does that make you feel?". (slight exaggeration, the chair was rather lumpy).

But you didn't come here to hear about my depression issues. Onto the story! Beautiful. As we know, the Circle is...

*Spoiler here*
After Cammie!!! And, Solomon is a traitor!(insert dramatic music here)
*End Soiler*

This wrench thrown in made my heart ache. I was so hurt by this fact, and felt as betrayed as Cammie did. I loved how Ally had the characters' emotions develop, and even change as the situation became more intense. As in, Bex was being cautious. If you read the first three, your eyes will be getting very wide right about now. Bex was being protective, and discouraging mischief (Merlin's Beard, what's going on?!) I personally love Bex, and seeing how much she changed due to her concern and worry was great. Also, I liked Townsend. He amused me and I'd like to see him more in future novels. Also, I liked Cammie, though at points I wanted to personally lock her in a bunker because of her..."danger-tendencies". The sudden knowledge of her true situation made her more independent and detached than ever. Though i understand that suspense can be a good thing to get people to read the next book, a shout-out to Ally Carter. Ahem. "WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING?!?! WE HAVE TO WA IT A WHOLE BLOODY YEAR TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!?! AND WHAT ABOUT THOSE LAST FEW CHAPTERS, HUH?!?! I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!!!! WHYYYYYYY?!?!?! WHYYYYYYYYY?!?!"

~Two Days Later~
Mr. Therapist: "I read something about the Book-that-must-not-be-Named that you posted, and I found it rather revealing. So now that you wrote it, how is it making you feel?"
Me: "I dunno, I'm still pretty angry with Ally for the cliffhanger though..."
Mr. Therapist: "Mmhm. And how does THAT make you feel?"
Me: "...like I need the next book ASAP?"
Mr. Therapist: " I see. And how does THAT make you feel?"
Me: "Uh...is there an echo in here? I want the next stinkin' book!"
Mr. Therapist: "Calm yourself. The next book, "Out of Sight, Out of Time" will be out in a couple mo-"
Me: "WHY DID YOU SAY THE NAME?!?! WHY WOULD YOU REMIND ME?!?! WHY!?!? I WANT IT!!!!!!!" *breaks down in tears*
Mr. Therapist:"...And how does that make you feel?"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only the Good Spy Young.