Tammy K.'s Reviews > Demon Mistress

Demon Mistress by Yasmine Galenorn

Jan 12, 12

bookshelves: fairy-faery-faerie-fay-fae, vampires, urban-fantasy, lgbt-character, incubus
Read from January 10 to 12, 2012

Every so often I forget why I stopped reading a series, and grab a book in a series without thinking.
That was the case with this book. I forced myself to finish reading the book, but it was a painful experience. Maybe that pain would remind me the next time I see the authors name.
One word sums up this book in a nutshell "Crass".
Imagine what you would want to be if you could be your own favorite paranormal character, Would you be a dethroned princess? Would you be unbelievably beautiful? Would you dress in the best, drive the best cars? Own a dragon or better yet be the wife of a dragon? Would you be a shape shifter or better yet a double faced shape shifter? Would you be a misunderstood vampire who only Kills the "BAD" guys?
Would you look down your nose at all whom differ from YOUR belief structure?
Would you be hypocritical, but it would some how be ok because.. (insert justification here)?
Would you use vulgar words to express yourself all the while acting shocked when others around you do not treat you as a Lady?
Would you have one lover? two? three? all in the same bed as you, but mind you it's all good, because your a princess right? Oh did I forget the best part, you are not just a princess but a fairy princess.
This book and its previous book is so full of stuff the cows leave behind.
There is no character growth. There is no bonding with our heroines. There is no moral compass, no 'fighting for the cause' The book- the series- is shallow and left me wondering why I did not look for more books when I was at the library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Mistress.