Franjessca 's Reviews > Bitten & Smitten

Bitten & Smitten by Michelle Rowen

"Bitten & Smitten" is my first "challenge read" from another reader, at Down and Dirty Lusty and Flirty Group on Goodreads. The objective is to have someone else pick a book for you to read from their books they've read, but to make sure it's not already in your To-Be-Read list and to make sure you haven't read it before also.

Thanks again to the wonderful, Gems, for choosing this book for me to read. I would've never known about this book until you chose it for me...and I'm so glad you did.

From the first chapter to the last chapter, I was enthralled with it. I love a Paranormal book that has some action, love, and even humor to it. After reading the description from the back of the book...I knew I would have a hard time putting it down. Although, having two kids...one being a 2.5 month old...and having to do college homework online...I had to put down the book once in awhile. *sigh*

The character Sarah Dearly is absolutely fabulous. She's sassy and sarcastic. She's always getting herself into horrible situations, but she always manages to get out of it. Poor girl, just never gets a break in the book.

This is the first book I've read, that the lead Male character is a pain in the ASS. The minute you read about him, you either feel sorry for him or want to kick his butt. I feel sorry for him at first due to fact he has to deal with Sarah and her sarcastic ways. Poor guy! LOL

Michelle Rowen, doesn't make the vampires sparkle or have crazy abilities like other vampire books I've read. She makes them seem normal, except for drinking blood of course. (she does have the blood come in a Keg..kind of strange...but I love it). No wonder why the Vampire Hunters have their hands full on killing the Vampires. They really can't tell whose human and whose Vampire...except maybe when a Vamp shows "Fang."

I recommend this book to anyone who loves a little humor to their Vampire Romance. If you've read Linda Wisdom's books, you'll definitely enjoy Michelle Rowen. =) I'm definitely picking up the 2nd book from my Library soon. I must find out what happens next to Sarah and her crazy misfit friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitten & Smitten.

01/20/2012 page 81
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gems I'm really pleased you liked it!! I really liked the humour in the book too :)

You should try Jeaniene Frost (cat & bones series) next- I saw it on your tbr pile but that was one I would've chosen for you- it is one of my most favourite series!!