Christine's Reviews > The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg: Accutane - The Truth That Had to Be Told

The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg by Doug Bremner

Jan 17, 12

Read from January 15 to 17, 2012

This book was a quick read and extremely interesting. I was unaware how the pharmaceutical companies market their drugs, and run their businesses. It was an eye opener for me as I occasionally do some consulting work in the health sector.

I have to admit that I was extremely disheartened reading about the tactics the pharmaceutical company used against the author. It made me sick that they would care more about dollars than lives. I'm glad that the author still chose to speak out about Accutane even after everything that was thrown his way. It takes a lot of courage to do that. It was good to find out that Accutane was pulled from the market, but I wonder what else is out there right now that we aren't being told about. That doesn't sit too well with me.

I also enjoyed reading about the search for information about the author's mother, and his personal challenges. In the end, it sounded like he got some closure on things that were important to him.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads, and highly recommend it!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg.

01/15/2012 page 123