Nathan Nordby's Reviews > Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Lamb by Christopher Moore

M_50x66
Mar 25, 12

Read in March, 2012

Probably the funniest book I have ever read, Christopher Moore's "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" has made me laugh aloud more than any comedic writing I have ever read.It can only be described as pure,unrelenting humor.Not only is it hilarious, it's also fairly well researched (of course I'm not talking about the Kung-Fu training of Christ), but Moore is actually very accurate and intelligent for a work of comedy.He takes into careful consideration every one of the dogmas he is researching, and points out the various flaws the have, but does not outright insult them. This book has been called "blasphemous" or "Anti-Christian", but it's like the Christian reactions to the film "Life of Brian", where the message of the film often misunderstood by the majority of audiences. Moore clearly states at the end of the book that it is only a work of fiction, and not meant to change anyone's worldview, or religious beliefs; it is meant to satirize something that is often taken too seriously by people, and as someone who was formerly in that kind of society and believed these things, I loved this book, because of how well it's message was conveyed. Read it.Now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lamb.