Jennifer's Reviews > In the Woods

Jun 30, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: mystery, book-club
Read in March, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I liked a lot of this book, but not the end. It seemed like it was going to actually go somewhere, or resolve the mystery, but it didn't! So frustrating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Woods.

Elizabeth I am scared to read your review because it has spoilers. Is it too scary?

Jennifer No, I don't think so. I don't really watch horror movies because they freak me out, (although I used to read Stephen King books in high school), and I thought this book was more of a thriller sort in that regard. I loved that it took place in Ireland, and a lot of the book was good. If you are on the fence about reading it just because of scariness, don't worry about that, IMO. The reason it got 3 stars from me was more of a resolution issue.

Elizabeth I totally agree with your review. I liked it so much until the last 100 pages or so. And I don't know why the main character was so surprised about the Rosalind thing. I suspected her as the murderer from the beginning and was as annoyed as Cassie with his infatuation with her. And he was like over 15 years older than her. Ick.

Jennifer Totally. I'm glad you liked it as a whole. And I am so intrigued by a SEQUEL.