Melissa's Reviews > Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things

it was ok
bookshelves: arc, graphic-novel
Read on January 10, 2012

Eh.

The plot was meh (pretty predictable). The characters were meh (although I actually liked the parents since they were so self-absorbed in trying to fit in with the rest of gentry that it was both amusing and pathetic to read about).

The art was decent. However, I had a big issue with Courtney's face. While everyone else's faces were relatively normal looking with chins and whatnot, Courtney's face was basically a rounded blob that sometimes was more square-ish with rounded edges, and what really bothered me was that she had NO NOSE.

All of the characters had noses; even the the monsters had noses. Why can't Courtney have a nose? (I can't believe I even have to ask a question like that.) Is this suppose to be an obvious sign that she's abnormal? Because she behaves like a pretty normal teenager considering her upbringing and situation.

Yeah... this is probably best to read only if you're younger and more easily amused by a "spunky kid" living in an odd house.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things.