Jen's Reviews > Jacob T. Marley

Jacob T. Marley by R. William Bennett

Jan 10, 12

Read in January, 2012

Let me preface this with a disclaimer. I totally meant to read the during the holidays. Maybe that would have helped put me in the right spirit for this book.... but alas, it waited till January, and here we are. I wanted to like this book. It's cute and small, and such an interesting twist on the Scrooge concept. It started out good for me. The clever way Jacob and Ebenezer met. But by Chapter 6, I wanted to be done. But, I had been warned that my Mom didn't like it at first, but then she really really did... so I plugged on.... and trudged on. And I must admit, that I saw this book on my night stand as something of a chore to finish... then I got to the end. And while I felt it might have been a little bit contrived, I will admit, I cried in more than one place (and that's saying something because I finished this book sitting in the bleachers of a high school girls basketball game, and I STILL cried) It's a lovely message, an important concept, and a warning to us all, as well as a reminder that it is NEVER too late for redemption.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jacob T. Marley.