Rachel's Reviews > Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: library-check-out, young-adult
Read from January 12 to 16, 2012

It appears that the people who have written a critical review of this book in their own humble opinions have subsequently received argumentative responses labeling the reviewer as either insensitive or shallow. Which is funny, since that is often how Hannah felt - being unable to speak up without being judged or reminded of rumors in high school.

I enjoy goodreads too much to have a fellow member get pissy because I wrote a review about a book that they really liked and I thought was only okay. I mostly write reviews for myself, so I can look back at the end of the year and remember how I really felt.

My review of this book: High school sucks. It is harder for some than others. Be nice to people - you don't know what they are going through and you don't know how your actions are going to affect them. I, like Hannah, can think of moments, interactions with people, that changed relationships and my life permanently.

Again - high school sucks. (the end)