Julianne Snow's Reviews > DEAD[ish]

DEAD[ish] by Naomi Kramer

Jan 10, 12

Read in December, 2011

Recently I picked up this little gem for free from Amazon. Here’s the synopsis exactly as I first read it…

Linda’s had a bad day. First her boyfriend killed her. Then she woke up, still on this boring plane of existence, and with an odd obsession about her missing body. Mike won’t tell her what he did with her body, and she can’t find the stupid thing herself. There’s only one thing she can do – torment the bastard until he coughs up the information.

So you can see why I was intrigued!

Normally I don’t review shorts (the story is only in the area of about 11,000 words). Heck, I haven’t reviewed anything in quite some time. As 2012 dawns on us, I’ve decided that it’s about time that I share my thoughts about what I’ve been reading. And I read this, so it counts!

Ultimately I found the story that Kramer wove together quite delightful! Fascinating even. But not from a “this has never been done standpoint”. More of a “why the heck haven’t I thought of doing something like this yet!”. The manner in which Kramer pieced together the plot through the use of multiple points of view was fun and just quirky enough to keep me intrigued. And her descriptions of what Linda does to Mike are hilarious!

“I look like a smurf, a munchkin and an oompa loompa had an orgy and I was their love-child.”

To find out what else I wrote about Dead(ish) head on over to http://theflipsideofjulianne.wordpres... Thanks!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read DEAD[ish].